Sara Riel Foundation
La Foundation Sara Riel Foundation Inc. is incorporated as a corporation without share capital under the laws of Manitoba.
The Mission of SRFI is to secure philanthropic support and related physical assets that support SRI‘s mission.
Our Vision is for people to reach their full potential mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.
Our Board, staff, and volunteers embody our values in every interaction. Our values are:
Compassion. We seek to balance emotional concern with an informed course of action.
Respect. We offer an inclusive environment and treat people with dignity.
Recovery. We encourage a participant centered approach and guide those we serve as
Réseau Compassion Network is the only member of the corporation.
Board shall consist of not less than 3 and not more than 20.
The board shall:
- Define and safeguard the mission and values
- Select, support, evaluate and establish compensation for an Executive Director
- Establish long-term direction through a strategic planning process
- Establish and monitor policies that will promote and ensure the quality of organization services
- Promote and ensure financial viability through budgeting, financial oversight, investment management and fund development
- Monitor the effectiveness of major programs or services and take appropriate action to support organizational excellence
- Promote positive external relationships with government, the business community and funding sources
- Ensure the organization meets legal and accreditation requirements
- Take responsibility for effective governance, including Board orientation, structure, procedures, relationships and periodic self-assessment
- Act with the utmost integrity on behalf of the organization’s best interests
Foundation Board of Directors
Neill is a graduate at the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Education, Baccalaureate Certificate in Education (School Administration) and a Pre-Masters in Education.
Over his 37 year career in education his roles included Assistant Superintendent, Principal, School Counsellor and Teacher. He received the ‘Honouring Our Allies’ award from the Manitoba Circle of Aboriginal Teachers for his work on Indigenous Student Education.
Neill was the previous Chair of the Youville Clinic/Centre and a Parish Council member of the St. Ignatuis Church.
Graduate at the University of Manitoba in 2008 with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) degree. Received his Chartered Accountant designation in 2011. He is involved in public practice accounting for more than 11 years and is a Senior Manager at a mid-sized firm. His primary focus, during his career, has been auditing various not-for-profit entities.
Sr. Jo-Ann Duggan
Sr. Jo-Ann has fifty years of dedicated service in Catholic health care related fields: nursing; religious & education formation; diverse ministry roles, spiritual care; leadership; non-profit board service; community volunteer organizations. She is a committed and conscientious steward to ensure the mission and values of the organization are developed and promoted in the best interest of the stakeholders.
Sr. Jo-Ann is creative, energetic, organized and receptive to challenges and opportunities and brings resourceful networking skills. She has strong moral/ethical values respecting the dignity of each person and has conscientious, empathic listening/communication skills; is compassionate and has a caring presence to all persons.
Andrea graduated from the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario in 2013 with a Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies. She started her career in Toronto, where she worked for Canada Life, managing benefit plans for mid-sized employers across the GTA. In 2017, Andrea moved home to Winnipeg and began working at True North Sports and Entertainment the following year. She is currently a Senior Manager of Partnerships, responsible for the acquisition and retention of corporate partners for the Winnipeg Jets, Manitoba Moose, and True North’s venues across Winnipeg.
Mathieu Lafrenière, B.A, J.D
Associate lawyer at the firm of Smith Neufeld Jodoin LLP in Steinbach, Manitoba. Former Director for the Aulneau Renewal Centre.
Over 40,000 calls supporting Manitobans through the COVID-19 pandemic.